Shy Goat and a Little House for Illustration Friday

Shy Goat and Little House, 5″ x 7″ on toned paper
Copics, fine liners and white gel pen.

For the topic “Shy” at Illustration Friday. Initially the goat was going to be peeking out of a barn or from behind a tree or something, but it wasn’t working. Then I decided I would do another little house, but less spooky, because people seem to like the little houses. Now the goat is peeking from the frame of the scene, and I suppose that still works. ;)

It also occurred to me that perhaps once in a while I should cut out the long-winded rambling, so that’s it for today! Thanks for dropping in!

Goat reference photo. (His name is Gilbert!)

This entry was posted in Copic Markers, Illustration Friday, Progression Photos, sketches and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Shy Goat and a Little House for Illustration Friday

1. I love it! And yes, Gilbert (shyly) peeking round the frame definitely works – almost as though he’s discovered am interloper/camera & has come a little closer to investigate… Your brevity is impressive (& you’ve still managed to include your great stage-by-stage views), but I for one love your ‘long-winded ramblings’ ! :)

2. Efi Maryeli says:

Wonderfuly made!!!

3. Yoyo says:

I love how you cropped his face, it says SHY so well!

You make great little houses, Cindy! I love the idea of the peeking goat. I’ve started someone peeking out from behind an elephant. :)

5. roberto says:

beautiful as always, it seeems that the goat ate all the grass around the house!!! :)))
    have a nice weekend!!!

6. Nicely done. I bet that shy goat has a story :)

7. Leigh says:

Lovely as always!

8. Yara says:

Wonderful work! I like the idea of Gilbert peeking from the frame of the scene that says he is shy but curious! And the little house is so dreamy!

9. So good! I’m partial to goats, and this one is terribly shy. You’ve really captured the expression and the topic.

10. I said it before and I’ll say it again, you have a fantastic imagination. Another marvelous original work of art!

11. Nice composition! Fun…as always :)

12. Ana M.F. says:

I’m with the people that like the little houses :)
    I love the idea of showing only part of the goat’s face…it makes it more real, kind of like a photograph.

13. Love the shy goat peeking round the corner and yes your houses are brilliant. How did you find working on coloured paper rather than white as it does affect the transparent copic colour? I have been experimenting with patterned envelope paper but using my promarkers as the paper soaks up the colour.

14. I always found your pictures on IF ┬┤cause of your unique style, love it.

15. Love your shy little goat and the cute little house!

16. I just love the way your art brain works. Just your title makes me smile!

17. I enjoy your rambling :) I like the way you cropped the goat too.

18. Yup! I’m one of those people who like the little houses, and this one is no exception! Also really like the composition with the goat in the foreground.

19. Gilbert’s got that look of ‘ if you try and get in that house I’m gonna butt you up the backside’!!

20. ella says:

lol @ Rod MacGregor!!
    I love Gilbert :)

21. ruthsartwork says:

I love the goat peeking around the corner of your picture. The little house is very cute too and I like the window boxes right where she can get at them.

22. Elizabeth says:

You’re right! I love little houses!!! and have to say Gilbert looks shy and adorable! great job, Cindy! :)

ADORABLE Cindy! The sepia tone, cute house with my favorite….crooked downspout……and the cropped Gilbert is just a wonderful combination. Really adds a sense of depth, character, and uniqueness to this piece!

PS: Gilbert has just a bit of guilt on his face….I wonder what he chewed up??

24. pam says:

that goats gotta lot of personality! haha…very cute.

25. karumina says:

Reminds me ukiyoe… Great!

26. Gay McKinnon says:

Ah, it’s YOUR blog, so I think you should ramble! I like that the goat’s head is sort of pointing to the house (as in, what’s in there) which gets a nice narrative going, & the goat comes forward to give it depth. What’s the little thingy coming down from the roof? I want to climb it. Would love to see you do a little tree house with ladders…

27. Gosh, I dunno. That ol’ goat doesn’t seem shy to me at all. Seems kinda in-my-face. haha.

That’s a smart looking rain spout on the side of the house. All the details.

The background color is so cool with the colors you chose, Cindy. This works on all counts with the goat peeking from the side. My daughter has these nubian goats and they wander around the property, peeking in at us whereever we may be, while out. Perfect!

29. nicky linzey says:

Great goat! I love his expression.

30. Elika says:

u make it seem so easy :) wonderful as always …

31. Love how the goat peeps into the picture. Very cute!

32. Mom says:

The house & the peeking goat are adorable as always-when is that book coming? Or how about expanding on the theme for a publisher for a children’s Book? Love. Mom

33. Bella Sinclair says:

Hahahaha! Looks like you’ve been photobombed! Maaaaaaaaaa-velous. :D

Did you find your pants? My little one likes to go around without pants sometimes. I call her the Pantless Wonder.