Elaine and the Bachelors, for Illustration Friday

Three Bachelor Snowmen

Three Bachelor Snowmen and the Fair Elaine
Each 2.5″ x 3.5″ Copics, fine liners, white gel pen

For “Snow” at Illustration Friday.

This is the story of three dapper bachelor snowmen, all vying for the fair Elaine. Join us in Episode One as Alfred (with the extremely fine top hat), hatches a plan to heat the apartments of his two rivals, Leo (in the blue) and Grumby.

I took no process scans of these creatures! However, here are two more ATCs I did recently that I really dig (and for which I have some progress scans – apologies for the hair on scan 12)!

Noise Monster and Ursula the Priestess ATCs
Each 2.5″ x 3.5″, Copics, fine liners, white gel pen

Jangle is a particularly irritating little noise monster. He rustles papers and makes other small noises whose source you can never find! Fortunately he only stays in the same house for one day.

Descended from a long line of priestess healers born with elaborate facial tattoos, Ursula left the cloister and founded a small alpaca farm. She sometimes fosters girls who help with the flock while she prepares tinctures and various healing balms for the local community. Ursula is Maiden Number 45. Holy cow, 45!

AND ONE MORE THING!  A lovely person called Bettina has interviewed me for her site! If you have a moment, take a look! I don’t sound too dorky (I don’t think).

This entry was posted in 100 Maidens, ATCs and ACEOs, Copic Markers, Illustration Friday, Progression Photos and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to Elaine and the Bachelors, for Illustration Friday

1. Leigh says:

These are GORGEOUS Cindy!

2. Love, love, love them! :D Elaine is one lucky snowlady to have such a bevy (I wonder, does that ever apply to anything/one other than beauties…?) of handsome suitors vying for her affections! X

Congrats on the interview, too!

3. Sandhya says:

Love the snowmen!

4. cathy holtom says:

Wonderful snowmen & snowlady, love them!

5. ruthsartwork says:

Elaine is going to have a difficult choice. I like Alfred and his top hat best.

6. Wonderful chilly creatures Cindy! I’m a particular fan of the noise monster.

7. Elika says:

these caught my attentions as soon as i went on the if’s page. these are wonderful Cindy! so adorable haha

8. I want Leo to win Elaine’s heart. He looks so cool with his aviator goggles. I think she would have fun with him. This is such a fabulous story line, you could make a whole icy world for them.

Congrats on a great interview as well.

9. Mary Walker says:

My favorite thing about snow besides snow angels is snow people these are wonderful.

10. Elaine will melt all of their hearts!!!

11. Joanne Matthews says:

These are fabulous. Beautiful use of colour!

12. Carrie says:

Sooo wonderful Cindy! Such impressive details and creative stories.

13. Great snowmen, love all the little details.

14. Nancy Lefko says:

I love the little button eyes on your snowmen (and lady)…thanks for visiting my blog!

15. Mom says:

Snowmen & Snowlady indeed-is she included in the 25 maiidens? Love them all! Mom

16. Abby says:

What a wonderful group! That Elaine is a lucky snowgirl. Your illustrations always lift my spirits, Cindy.

Wonderfully Festive…..really like the tattoo lady too. AND read your Artist Spotlight……so inspiring! Really nice ….congrats….and some of your best images to boot!

18. nini says:

I love these portraits! They make a perfect Christmas card too and the story…. hahaha awsome! Please don’t forget to update us on what is happening (since you got us all curious now).

I’m cheering for Leo :D

Thank you so much for stopping by nini! It seems clear from the comments, and a few vague musings from Elaine herself, that Leo is the frontrunner if not already the chosen one. (This will come as quite a surprise to Alfred, who often gets what he wants on the strength of his very cool hat alone. I’m sure he and Grumby will each find a nice snow girl one day.

19. ellis.illus says:

*wow* these are all hypercool (not only in one sense!) snowmen and ladies! thank you for sharing – and thanks for your nice comment on my blog :-)
    have a wonderful evening!

e.

20. Ha ha! The snowman bachelor story is a riot!! You are so creative, Cindy! If I were Elaine, I’d be all about Leo. I find smokers such a turn-off! :)

21. JFlah says:

These snowmen are great! I like your color choices and the great swirly patterns. The button eyes are nice too. Good job.

22. The Beast Tender says:

Thank you so much for all the nice comments! As mentioned a few comments above, Leo (with the goggles) is the clear frontrunner, if not already the chosen one. (Elaine may keep them waiting through the holiday season… for fear of causing holiday sadness and not for the additional presents, I’m sure. But the snowy heart of Elaine is a curious thing, and I do not pretend to know it.)

These are all amazing and that interview was really good. It was nice to get to know you a little better. You inspire me a lot, Cindy. :)

24. Maike Bohlen says:

Hmmh, like what you are doing. It is silly, funny, great and fearless.Will come back to spy ( and will do a steampunk bird the next days, i liked the dog so much.) Can you hear me whispering: “ah, a good idea, a good site, must start immediately…”

25. Silvia says:

I love them! Great colour!

26. poppylocke says:

I love these colourful snowmen and their story! I agree that Leo looks like the best choice for Elaine, but I’m worried that he looks so friendly and trusting that he might fall foul to Alfred’s cunning plan flat-warming plan..

You have a wonderful style and imagination (loving the maidens!) and your pictures really make me smile :) I’m glad that I’ve discovered your site!

27. Susanna says:

Absolutly great!!!
    Happy Holidays!

28. Oh, your snowmen are so cheery. And we all need that right now.

29. Susan says:

Cindy,
    Elaine is the most charming snowman!

30. Oh what suave creatures those snowmen are…and the fair Elaine is suitable coy! Great characters and concept for a story. I wonder who will get her in the end??!!

31. TMartin says:

Delightful snowmen! I love the whimsy of them.

Now if only it would SNOW!

32. Absolutely beautiful illustrations! Love love love them all! Happy holidays!

33. These snowpeople are fabulous! Love them :)

34. Amalou says:

Brilliant snowman! I love how you’ve branched out on your subjects. Your style is catchy and unique.

35. Yara says:

They’re all so beautiful! I prefer the snowlady although the sun seems too hot. Very creative the way you covered her with a shawl :) Very feminine!

36. roberto says:

Hi Cindy, this is excellent, as always but this time I came to tell you that i am wishing you a beautiful and creative (even much more) next year!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    And a lot of happiness!!!!!!

37. Laurie Sharp says:

Wonderful illustrations! Very unique and colorful.

38. Bron Smith says:

Merry Christmas to you too. I enjoyed looking at your zany animals again.

39. Sugar Wheel says:

I love these snowmen!! My favorite is the one with the blue scarf. So cute!!!

40. nicky linzey says:

I think Alfred will win her heart, he looks determined! Lovely post – Happy Holidays.

41. Alicia says:

Love the snowmen Cindy and my son agrees! Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day, I managed to post in IF and say thank you to you for inspiring that with your comments. It has been an incredibly busy last 2 months and I have missed visiting your blog, I have to catch up! These are great!!!

42. Laurie C. says:

You’ve really found a niche that showcases your beautiful work. It really shines on these little ACT cards! Each one is a little gem. I love the snowmen and the Fair Elaine. Fabulous!!

These snowmen are so cool! My mind is reeling with all you can do that you have not, as yet, tried Cindy. Your creativity shines through on everything!