Micro Cityscapes in Pen & Ink

Eyeline
2.5″ x 3.5″ Copics, fine liners, gel pen

I like this one because I remembered to add the little streetlamp, and potted plants, and a tree, and of course the garbage can. Which may not be a garbage can at all. Perhaps it’s a portal connecting all the garbage cans in all the micro cities.

With that in mind, I shall submit this post for the Illustration Friday topic “Hidden”, for the hidden garbage can portals. Which I didn’t even know about until I wrote this post!

Bottled City
2.5″ x 3.5″ Copics, fine liners, gel pen

See, there’s another one! These are cities number 19 and 20, of my 100 Cityscapes Project. One or both may end up in my shop.

Thanks for stopping by!

This entry was posted in ATCs and ACEOs, Copic Markers, Progression Photos, Streetscape/Cityscape and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Micro Cityscapes in Pen & Ink

1. Eyeline works so well. Got me thinking! The bottle city set me pondering in a different way. Both could be commentaries or simply very creative cityscapes!

2. Carol King says:

I like your mini cities and eyeline reminds me of the High Line in NYC. :) Your illustrations make me smile.

3. Love eyeline, you even have the depth of the pavement. You amaze me with all the little details you put in, the streetlamp etc and all drawn ACEO size. Bottled city reminds me of that conundrum about how the ship got into the botte. Thanks for your tip about the nose drawing video, I shall take a look.

4. viajero says:

so beautiful idea and colours, as always.

5. Nuno says:

Love the idea of garbage can portals!

I love these, Cindy! What every you do… it’s always golden! :)

7. AnnD says:

I am so excited at the idea that the garbage cans are really portals into your other cityscapes! Now, when I work my way into one of them, I’ll have access to some of my other favorites, too!

Love all your iterations of golden brown in the Eyeline, by the way!

8. nini says:

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii… I looove the bottled one! so cute!!!!! :D

These are just great! I love the condensed quaint little towns especially in the bottle. Recently found another artist, Theresa LaBrecque, who paints little towns on the backs of whales…..(http://www.labrecqueart.com/store?page=shop.product_details&flypage=garden_flypage.tpl&product_id=164&category_id=7)

Love to see some little towns on the backs of elephants or a giant lizard!

10. the eye cityscape is so dramatic and super cool

11. Rita says:

Bottled City is AMAZING. I love, love, love it!

12. Sal Scheibe says:

That eye city is soooo awesome! So cool, Cindy!!

13. Like these particularly the Eye line…that’s heavy make up there missus!!!

14. These are fun!! Love them both!!!

15. carolmarden says:

Another fun illustration! I love seeing the evolution of your vision and your style.

16. Jill says:

So that’s what my eye makeup looks like under a microscope at the end of a long day. No wonder my eyelids feel so heavy. The eye city is so clever! I love it.

I likeboth of these, Cindy. The idea of sending an image of my city out to others across the water, is really cool; or preserving it to time travel even better.
    The “Eyeline” one makes me think of the designs they ndo on fingernails these days. What if women had their city painted on their eyelid. Oooooo, what next? Huh? Very creative! I have commented about how I like your eye creations before.

18. Ann Pilicer says:

Love these cities! how cool ! I just love these! Did I say I love it? hee hee very cool! :D

19. Kim Stinson says:

Very cool! Love the eye! Adorable trash can, potted plant, and street lamp. City in a Bottle (I can just hear Sting singing that line).

20. ruthsartwork says:

Love the landscaping you put on Eyeline, especially the trees. It always seems to add to the picture.

21. Koosje Koene says:

I love these, and ALL the small details!

22. Pingback: [BLOCKED BY STBV] Halloween-ish Cityscapes |