Animal Spirit Masks, Alpaca and Raptor Clans

Two Animal Spirit masks to go with the Bear and Cat clans, previously posted. I am counting these masks as faces (though I suppose one could argue about it).  Numbers 26 and 27 of the 29 Faces Challenge.

Alpaca Clan, Raptor Clan
Each 2.5″ x 3.5″ Copic markers, fine liners, white gel pen

I think the alpaca details got a little overworked. And the raptor clan details are not as well-defined as they could be. But I dig em.

Thanks for dropping in!

This entry was posted in 29 Faces Challenge, ATCs and ACEOs, Copic Markers, Progression Photos and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Animal Spirit Masks, Alpaca and Raptor Clans

1. Wonderfully detailed work!!! I’m impressed how you share the progression. I get so caught up with creating that I totally forget about progress photos.

2. Karla says:

These are just awesome!! I love how you shared your process. The detail is really stunning.

3. Lydia says:

I dig these too! If I was pushed to pick one,the raptor clan picture is my favorite,but both are fantastic as usual. :)

These are terrific! I think there’s a counterpart animal totem or animal spirit in all of us…..these masks have alot of symbolism. Love to see what other ones you create…….

5. nini says:

Love the Raptor Clan!

6. Faye says:

Cindy, I have so much enjoyed scrolling down to see all your fantastic creatures. You have such a wonderful talent. I love the colors and the unusual and mythical faces you have done. The Harvest Oracle and the spirit masks and Henry VIII are my favorites.

7. They count! They count! And they are absolutely gorgeous! I love all the pictures, details and colors. Bravo! xoxo

8. ruthsartwork says:

Very interesting. I think you could count them as faces as the chins peek out below and they are heads. LOL

9. Kristen says:

These are amazing! Love the details in the line. So creative!

That raptor one looks alive! Cool!