Two Forest Pixies and a Sweet Tree Sprite

I took a day or so off! But now I am back and with only a few more days of the 29 Faces to go.

Two Pixies
Each 2.5″ x 3.5″ Copics, fine liners, gel pen

Ella the forest pixie with her little bird Warrick, was Face #4 in just an ink outline. Beside her is Dame Edwina, her aunt, who is Face #28. They are members of the Springdale Thistlewaite clan of pixies. These pixies are also Maidens number 169 and 170. (Since 2011, as previously mentioned.)

Dame Edwina is the first work I’ve done in ages without stopping for progress scan. People ask how I remember to do progress scans, and though I forgot a lot at first, I just kept at it and now it’s part of the process. But today I purposely chose not to stop for scans. I’m not sure whether it affects the final result, for good or ill. Further tests are needed.

Moll the Tree Sprite
2.5″ x 3.5″ Copics, fine liners, white gel pen

This little tree sprite was just an ink outline when she appeared as Face #12. Ugh, I wish I’d left well enough alone. The eyes were much cuter before I messed with them way too much. I thought about using paint over them but she prefers to be left alone now.

Thanks for dropping in!

This entry was posted in 100 Maidens, 29 Faces Challenge, ATCs and ACEOs, Copic Markers, Progression Photos, The Wonder Woods and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Two Forest Pixies and a Sweet Tree Sprite

1. Efi Maryeli says:

I love Ella and that little bird of hers!!!!

2. sue says:

seeing them all in a group in Flickr is amazing!! i couldn’t pick a favorite if I had to, they are all so amazing.

3. Carol King says:

You are so creative. These two pixies and the tree sprite are great. I like the big eyes on the one with the green hair.

4. Helena says:

This is truly inspirational. I’ve not seen work like this about. Certainly unique, different and lovable all at the same time.

5. Natasha May says:

Gorgeous portraits! I just adore your style. :)

6. Kristen says:

I love your work so much. It is so entertaining and imaginative. Each character has so much distinctive personality. You are very talented and inspiring. I am not far from Evanston… if you ever are having a show, or if your pieces are on display anywhere let me know. I would love to see them.
    Your paintings just make me cheerful and happy!
    Thank you for coming by all month and checking in on my work. I appreciated all the nice comments.

7. Piarom says:

OMG your faces are so fabulous!! Love the little details on her eyes and in her hair!! The girl with the kakadu and the mushrooms are my favorite today :D ♥ Conny Mix It Monthly