Two Tall Hairstyles for 29 Faces

Faces 21 and 22 for 29 Faces!

Two Skinny Cards with Text
Each 3″ x 7″ ink and acrylics on Bristol vellum

The first says, “Good manners and kindness are always in fashion”. (I could not find an author for this quote.) The second says, “Sydney did not like for the tea to be late. It annoyed her greatly.” (Written by me. High art.) :)

I like these faces, the lips continue to be better than before! But I do not like the text style and if I want to add text to art I will have to work on it. (The purple background and pale hair in the left one is acrylics. The rest of both is Copic markers, ink and white gel pen. Made for a “Skinny Pages with Text” swap at illustratedatcs.

Note to self: Uniball Signo gel pen + acrylics = no. Sakura Gellyroll white gel pen + acrylics = yes.

I’ve been asked how I produce so much art. I don’t have kids. I think that’s quite a lot of it. And I just get to it every night after work. Most all day on the weekends. As many hours as a second job, certainly. But I want to be better and I don’t want to wait. So I don’t have a choice. :)

“The trouble is, you think you have time.”  ~Buddha

Thanks for stopping in!

This entry was posted in 100 Maidens, 29 Faces Challenge, Copic Markers, Elaborate Costume, Progression Photos and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Two Tall Hairstyles for 29 Faces

1. Efi Maryeli says:

They both look great!!! Love the first quote!!! People seem to forget that nowadays!!!

2. Nuno says:

Great, Cindy! And thanks for the “note to self”.

3. denthe says:

Oh, I LOVE Sydney! Those big eyes, the colour of her face, the expression on her face …. Just lovely…. I always wonder how on earth people can do shading with markers. I don’t have copics, never used them either. Maybe it only works with them … For writing on acrylics, my absolute favorites are Posca markers. And they work for a very long time.

4. Hope says:

Love them! And your style!

Yes, you hit the nail on the head about no kids = more time for art. LOL! I have two kids but can still find some time for art. Where there’s a will, there’s a way! And they don’t stay kids forever!

5. Piarom says:

Love your two creations…they are so desish in colors and details!

6. Caryn Smith aka Caryn Strauss-Smith says:

I love your art! Just visited your Etsy site and you are indeed prodigious! It’s all great and distinctively yours. I really like originals in the art world and you are one!

7. mimi boothby says:

oh. reminds me of a famous cartoon character :)

8. tall hair!! Love them and that you are now starting to experiment with text.

And as far as your explanation for how you create so much work, I think the kid thing plays in a bit, but truly and with greater impact, I believe it is about your own internal motivation. You are passionate about your own work and that finds time!

BRAVO!……..this is probably the first time I’ve seen typography in your art…..and its awesome…….words really adds to your pieces. There’s so many licensed artwork/products out there that have interesting and creative typography these days…..it really becomes part of the art.

I have no kids either…..certainly helps with time management but I’m still nowhere near as prolific as you!!

10. Pingback: [BLOCKED BY STBV] More Girls With Text, Pen and Ink |

11. Tammie says:

these are wonderful faces
    full of awesome designs and unique
    your dedication to art is something to admire