Spirit Masks, Tribal Art Cards in Pen and Ink

Faces number 19 and 20 for the 29 Faces Challenge.

Two Tribes
Each 2.5″ x 3.5″ Copics, fine liners, white gel pen

Bear Clan Princess and Rhea the Tracker. As members of friendly clans, the Princess and Rhea often work together on missions for the tribal council, particularly those involving both diplomacy and stealth.

These were made for a Spirit Masks swap at illustratedatcs. I’ve watched some more mouth painting videos and these seem much better! Thanks for dropping in!

This entry was posted in 100 Maidens, 29 Faces Challenge, ATCs and ACEOs, Copic Markers, Elaborate Costume, Progression Photos and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Spirit Masks, Tribal Art Cards in Pen and Ink

I too envy your productivity…….how in the world do you find time to be so prolific? Spirit Masks are great! Possibilities with these are endless…..

Hi Clara and thank you so much! I do have a full time job but I do not have kids. I think that might be half the explanation right there! But really, I decided a couple years ago that if I wanted to do art I needed to spend serious time with it. That means spending hours at it most every single day. It’s the only way to improve, and to make up just a tiny bit for lost time. It also means I am not as social as I’d like, I miss a lot of tv shows and sometimes I don’t get enough sleep. But it’s working for now. :)

2. denthe says:

That are some aewesome masks. And I can see a difference in the mouths yes. Looking great!

The contrast in the eyes of the bear to the eyes of the human is fascinating in that first one! Such detail in such a smile space. Amazing. I could not do that……..

4. Sarah says:

They are fantastic! I love the swirly eye on the bear, and the lady’s lips are fantastically kissy. Those cat eyes!!! swoon!!

5. Efi Maryeli says:

The tracker is definitely my favorite (I’m a cat person, what can I do?), but the bear is also gorgeous!!!!

6. wendy says:

I am so far behind looking at everyone’s blogs and sites. I love your style and the illuminated effect you use. Your faces are so cool.

7. Tammie says:

wonderfully fun and awesome totem pieces!

8. Are you sure that these aren’t animals maskerading as humans! Always such fun as usual. The bear’s eyes really work with that swirl.

9. hedwig says:

Great combination of your animal drawings and the lady’s. Fits perfectly!

10. mimi boothby says:

these are gorgeous. I especially like the cat mask.

11. Pingback: [BLOCKED BY STBV] Animal Spirit Masks, Alpaca and Raptor Clans |